Curate a Program
EXTV PUBLIC & ONLINE PROGRAMMING
ExTV hosts online exhibitions and helps facilitate public programming of moving image work and accepts curatorial proposals from Graduate and Undergraduate SAIC students from any department.
Options for programming proposals:
1. Propose a program for ExTV’s Online Exhibitions. Exhibitions can be arranged thematically (for example, a screening of SAIC new animation) or by artist (solo exhibitions of works from one artist).
2. Propose a Screening Event in the Flaxman Theater (Room 1307 of the 112 S. Michigan Building), the Neiman Center, the Columbus Auditorium, a classroom, the MC-14th Floor lounge, etc.
3. Choose your work from the Video Data Bank, the Flaxman archive, the ExTV archive, student/staff work, etc. (You must have the permission from the ARTIST to show work online. So you probably can’t put Maya Deren and Jem Cohen on our site. Sorry!)
In general, permission must be granted from any participating artists or organizations prior to screening.
To propose any programming, simply email the information requested below to extv<at>saic.edu
1. Your Name, class status, department (if one is declared).
2. Desired date or run of program.
3. Email address and any other pertinent contact information.
4. Desired venue.
5. Proposal Statement (no more than 100 words).
6. List of works you wish to include in the program.your proposal form (100 words or less) and
– If accepted, you will be asked to write a 500 word curatorial statement
– Depending on the venue, the work can be screened in a variety of formats. Talk with ExTV to find out what is possible.
What ExTV will do:
- Book the Theater/Room for the program
- Provide technical assistance
- Promote the program to the SAIC community